Friday, November 15, 2013

November 10 - Primary Program


 
It was Primary Program day today!  Andlie got a brand new, sparkly dress last night and then we came home where we painted her nails and picked out the pretty jewelry & bow she wanted to wear so she "could be extra pretty for the program."  She is so sweet.  She did such a great job today!  She was the only Sunbeam that knew most of the words to all the songs and sang them!  She even found a new favorite Primary song through the process - "Child's Prayer."  I hope she always loves & knows that song, especially the second verse. 
 
Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me,"
Father in prayer, I'm coming now to Thee.
 
Pray, He is there.
Speak, He is listening.
You are His child.
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayers.
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom.
The kingdom of heaven.
 
The songs they sang were:
 
Child of God
Heavenly Father Loves Me
If the Savior Stood Beside Me
I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
We Thank Thee, oh God, for a Prophet
When I am Baptized
Child's Prayer
Families Can Be Together Forever
 
She was very reverent on the stand during the entire program.  And when it was time for her part, she confidently stepped up to the mic, pulled it down to her mouth, smiled, and said it loudly & with no mistakes!  "God is my Heavenly Father."  I was beaming.  She makes me so proud.  I love her so much!
 
And for good measure, Haze got a new Sunday shirt today too.  He would only pose for a picture without crying because I bribed him with Skittles.  He's got a hard head.  Probably gets it from Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment